Fixed Income Portfolio
- Our primary objective with respect to our Fixed Income portfolios is preservation of capital - we seek satisfactory returns in excess of dollar denominated inflation.
- Our Fixed Income portfolios are appropriate for investors with a low tolerance for capital loss and identifiable future liabilities or cash flow requirements.
- We select individual bonds and preferred shares based on our own credit analysis and usually buy with an intention to hold them to maturity.
- This portfolio is focused on investment grade and higher quality fixed income instruments issued by governments, corporations and other entities.
- We tend to spread out (or ladder) the maturities in our fixed income portfolios over a period of time, although we have a current bias toward short and medium term securities given our expectation that interest rates will rise over time.
- We seek to minimize foreign exchange risk in our bond and preferred share portfolios.
- Our bond and preferred share portfolios are customized to meet the future liability schedule of investors and we are able to work closely with the investment committees of institutional clients to ensure we meet their needs.